Thanks for stopping by again today! We're moving on to part 4 of our series but first:
Part 4: Last Day
So you made it through! You have planned projects, lessons, made it through observations, possibly had a meltdown (or two) and yet you are going to terribly miss your students. You will always remember learning and growing with them. Whatever you do - enjoy the day!! I got pulled out to sub a 1/2 day during my last day and I feel like I didn't get all the time with my students like I wanted...good thing I was back later in the year.
DO- leave a good lasting impression
- You have a couple of different options here. I'll let you know what I did and then you can go from there.
- Write a letter to the principals/administration. I wrote a thank you note for accepting me into their school community for this time. I added examples of things they did like making me a custom place-card for meetings. I also added why I liked working in this school and how they helped me grow with feedback and observations. I think it let them know it really was a privilege since I wasn't a contract teacher. As your professors might remind you- it all reflects on your school and yourself the whole time!!
- I gave my cooperating teacher a gift. I got her favorite items and this canvas with words the students used to describe her in her favorite colors.
- Sometimes you get presents too, so if there are any teachers that need ideas......
- I know some get books the students make.
- My teacher gave me: this tub full of books and supplies!! We have a Scholastic warehouse in our city so books are available for cheaper. A perfect start to my own library!!! I love how cute she made the tub too - tape and all the signatures :)
Stay tuned for the next post about what to do after student teaching!