Classroom Reveal - Take a Peek inside

I'm so excited to do an official classroom reveal! Last year I was on a one year leave and didn't really get a chance to decorate my room, although I just moved 2 states away so it would have been difficult to do in that time (that is neither here nor there!) .... I'm just thrilled I got a blank slate to make my own this year.

If you have followed me on Instagram you might have seen some of my sneak peeks making their way to you:


Now let me preface this by saying, I have no "theme" in the general sense.  Black and brights is a color scheme and I have some great tech themed goodies that I'm so excited to share with my students this year but other than that... its just what I liked.


Let's take a look around:



Beyond my desk lies this shelf with my Teacher Toolbox and my Birthday sticks for students
The Class of Awesome sign was just like lacquer_teach_repeat made from instagram!



My door sign: "Teacher of AWESOME, Awesome means 4th Grade" inspired by this pin!

  • Objectives Board - right in the front of the room, easily accessible for everyone! I just slipped some colored paper into page protectors and added some labels! I did write our first objectives up there but they came out a little faint going to try a new marker before students arrive!
  • Welcome Sign- This will be on the Smartboard for meet the teacher / Open House night! I have them FREE here - for K- 6 ! 
  • Clip Chart - I made the chart before I fully decided to commit to using one this year - I plan on using Class Dojo but may need this or a variation for a few students....regardless I love the colorful clips (Sharpie...easy!) and the rainbow colors! I got it here FREE




  • Schedule - FREE here just switched up the font. 
  • Bloom's Poster - printed from this pin here
  • Wonder Wall - I used Chalkboard Contact paper to create this on my white board.  The book "Ever Wonder Why?" was something my 5th grade teacher did each week, basically she had a place where the question was asked and we could guess the answer and we would go over it once a week.  It sparked such curiosity and was just a fun little thing...I'm excited to try it with my students this year.  

 Here's a tutorial if you want to make these rolled up paper decorations for your room! 













Here's the job board which is split with our Genius Hour bulletin board and off to the side is a flip flop holder to hold task cards! I love how it takes up little room but still displays everything.  I got it for $5 at Walmart but you can find them multiple places.  The jobs are from my pack - here. 










  • Below is my small group area - I'm didn't have this all last year and I'm unbelievably excited to have it this year!  I have some dry erase circles at each spot for review or beginning questions! (Ignore all the shelving in back...no cover for that yet..)
  • I got the soup can labels from Hope King during the BTS sale! For a first year decorating teacher - this was an easy buy, of course I have soup cans around so these will definitely get used!
  • My AR board for the year is magneted to a file cabinet near the back but I love all the bright colors!

                 


Just a few whole room shots...last ones I promise!

From the door walking in!

View from back corner!

Stay tuned for what is on the student desk and what I have planned for Open House! I'd love to see your room - and gather ideas for next year (store them away, anyway).  Keeping the same room twice would make it easier to decorate right?!


11 comments

  1. Your class is looking great - I also love the bright Hornet Pride board - very eye-catching!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is so bright and cheery. How will you reveal the answers for your wonder wall?

    Mercedes
    Surfing to Success

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room looks great! I love all the bright colors :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! You did excellent...I love that even though you teach fourth grade, your room is still so cute! Your kids will love it I'm sure! :)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the "Ever Wonder Why?" wall. I love inquiry based learning and sometimes do a "I Wonder.." time when starting a new mini-study on an unfamiliar topic. I love your idea though and just put the book in my Amazon cart. Thanks!!!

    Teaching with a Twist

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amber! Thanks for linking up. Your room looks great. Love the Wonder Wall idea. If you could include the image from my blog and a link back to the linky post, I would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right. The bright rainbow colored papers really pop on your wall. I'm sure your students will love seeing their work up there. Good luck this year!The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! I love the bright colors too! Have a great year.
    Becky (Kinder Korner)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SAT and ACT both are very popular and have equal importance and result. And all colleges and free sat math prep universities accept both these. And we know SAT TEST is long term process but very important. How we can get good composite scores.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE THE CLASS OF AWESOME SIGN!! I got the idea from The Book of Awesome - some of the topics might be a little bit high for 4th graders to read, but you should definitely take a look at it (even for yourself)!! WOOHOO your room looks FAB :)

    -Jessica
    lacquer_teach_repeat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top alt-text