To My First Class...


To my first class:


            You have taught me SO much this year about myself and about teaching.  I would not trade you for anything.  You will always have a special place deep in my heart for each and every one of you.


You have taught me to smile.  At one time or another, each of you has made me smile, giggle, or full on laugh in our classroom.  Bringing the joy of children laughing to our room increases our mood.  We love to be silly (but still get our work done).  You showed me how important that is each and every day.  It can not only brighten your mood but of those around you as well. 


You have taught me to be more flexible.  I thought going in, “Kindergarten..ya I’ll have to be flexible.” and I thought I was, boy did you teach me.  So many unplanned events and longer projects but all in the name of learning.  It all works out in the end.  I listened to the needs of my students and when we needed brain breaks, or movement we did and class went a whole lot smoother for it.  If we needed more rest time like at the beginning of the year, because the class was falling asleep at the second long assembly of the day…that was ok too. 


You taught me that each story is important.  Seeing the world from your eyes can be great.  Hearing stories of what we read and how you connect to it - even if it is right in the middle of the story - show me that you care.  What you say is important and I make sure everyone has a chance to speak and share.  The endless pictures, hugs, and compliments do not go unnoticed and I cherish the complete sincerity you emit every day.


You have taught me to love learning even more.  I am a teacher, I already love teaching and learning myself.  You guys took it to a whole new level.  Assessing data, although not my favorite, I was completely amazed by just how much growth you have showed in such a few short months - to think I was a part of that completely makes me giddy.  To know I started you on your educational journey and your foundation of learning, I’ll always have a stake in your outcome.  I love seeing how you pick up on new concepts!  Even better when you get it and want to show it to help others in class - oh the sweetness.

            You have taught me this and so much more my first class.  You have given me hope that each year will get better and I can keep up this impact on future generations.  Looking back, you renewed my spirit and made me excited for the next year to come.  You will keep growing and you might not look back, but always always know: I believe in each of you! Stay classy Class of 2026, you’ll always have a special place in my heart. 


Sorry it has been crazy town with the end of school year and testing, 1 more day! I'll be posting more soon and have lots of ideas for things this summer! Hope your school year ends on a great note!


2 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top alt-text