So I decided to try my hand at the Sharpie mugs for my Monday Made It project. I was doing some research since I knew some methods didn't work as well as others and I'm here to report what I found.
First: Gather supplies:
- cheap mug (cheaper the better)
- Sharpies or permanent markers - I used the ones above
- acrylic spray - Hobby Lobby has it. I use mine for tons of things!
1. Decide on a design. I used stickers to create mine.
2. Use Sharpies (oil based specials ones if you have them!) to create.
3. Put in cold oven. Turn oven on to 425. when it reaches that temperature set a timer for 30 min. Turn off but leave mug in.
4. When mug is completed cool use a thin coat of spray to seal it.
*I'm sure this isn't perfect but it doesn't come off when I scrub or wash. I DO NOT plan on putting my mugs in dishwasher!
Check out the ones I made below! So easy and Super Cute!!