Get your Dojo ON!

I'm sure you have heard by now about Class Dojo, Friday was my first experience with the program.  I had heard about it plenty before but not getting a chance to use it, but the class I sub in did - so I got some experience!!

I was pretty excited to see this!  The little monsters they can pick from to represent themselves were adorable!!!





The teacher showed me some pretty cool features of it- I must say, that made it even better than I had originally thought!


Quick overview:   a classroom management system where you can give students points for positive or negative actions/behaviors in a classroom.  Click the picture above to check it out!


Awesome NEW (to me!) FEATURES: 


  • FREE (website only)
  • can use to take attendance
  • makes cool sounds- so even when not displayed students can recognize the sound
  • they have AN APP, so you can track behavior throughout school (paid)
  • REPORTS- display positive and negative in ratios , easy for parents and students to see (Could be easier than clip chart management)

  • You get to pick the options for positive or negative!
  • You can use it to randomly pick students (like for answering- HOW HANDY IS THAT?!)
  • I love that it shows points but doesn't show what they are for (unless you go to results)
  • ***************MY FAVORITE**************** - there are special settings - where you can choose to only show positive!!!  This has been an issue I have had with clip charts so this solves that problem but still keeps track!!



Choosing the options came in SUPER handy for my one friend on Friday who eats everything!!! (no joke...paper.....lots of paper....so sneaky :(     This way parents can check and notice what behaviors good or bad are occurring with the most frequency!

There is an IDEAS tab on the bottom with more awesome info- these are just things I noticed.  Pretty neat alternative to the widely used clipchart, but could be a rewards system in itself!

What do you think?  Have you used it? 






1 comment

  1. I heard about this site from a friend, too! I have got to check it out! Thanks for the info!

    Jennifer
    http://teachingtoinspirein5th.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top alt-text