Hats for Halloween

We've been working on Cara Carroll's Pumpkin Investigation Student Journal - how fun is that?~
Click the pic if you want to check it out- It's awesome!!!!

The Great Pumpkin Investigation {Student Journal}

We did quite a few experiments with some very different pumpkins!  Just take a look at the pics!



wide variety or pumpkins!






we have one that floats!
We looked at height (cubes), circumference, weight, float or sink, and we even looked at the seeds.  I'd be lying if I didn't say I might even be more excited than some of the students when we got a chance to scoop them out, I haven't done it in ages- SO MUCH FUN!!!

I loved the use of estimation in this unit and how well it tied in with our math series. 



lots and lots of seeds
groups of 10 made it much easier


It is Halloween after all - here's a look at what I wore for crazy hat day!




Ok, ok it is an infant costume (like the ones they wear on their stomachs or backs.........idk I don't have kids) but I wasn't warned until I was leaving this morning!

The kids went CRAZY!!! (It was suppose to be a fish)

Also, I did end up getting Widget- here's a picture of him coming home last night!  So small and feisty- I decided his full name would be Widget the Underdog .....since he was the runt of the litter and is mostly chihuahua aka.......he's like two pounds.



HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT AND not too crazy HALLOWEEN!

P.S. If you're looking for any help with irregulars check out my new bundle for past tense and plural nouns!










No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top alt-text