I hate Hate HATE copying morning work! I hate the paper wasted and wish that there was a way around it. Some years I did various activities but I always found that morning work was needed. This site is such a lifesaver! You could even use it as a sub!
PUT IT IN YOUR FAVORITES NOW!!
I have a student that pulls this up everyday ( I have it saved as an icon on my computer) and my kids do their morning work in the back of a notebook - they work backwards from their writing notebook since that is the one that often has pages left at the end of the year. They can fit about 1 weeks just on one side of a page and that goes a long way toward the whole year.
My students respond to reading when they finish the language arts and math questions.
Other reasons to love it:
- no copying (praise the Lord - I hate how morning work is needed but wastes so much paper)
- no answer keys - it's right there. We have a student lead the checking!
- you can pick your grade level
- you can go back if you don't get to checking it that day (we do this frequently but easy to do)
- aligned with CCSS with no worry!