November Currently

I'm linking up to let you know what I've been up to lately:


Last night we through a Couples Halloween Minute to Win It party - SO FUN! Now that all the chaos has left....it is calm...back to some cleaning!    We had some really creative games and I know the couples had fun.      Here was our team name:  (only a couple weeks till we meet our little one!)


I'm loving that Halloween week is over - granted it was a great time in our class.  We had so much going on this week between Red Ribbon Events, end of quarter, etc....   We enjoyed our Biome projects and presented them to a younger class, we read our Descriptive Writing Haunted Houses by flashlight for a spooky effect, did some fun dialogue activities (with pasta! -see below), did some animal adaptation projects as well - WHEW!! 

   
   
I'm definitely relaxing after all the busy-iness that was this weekend so far, besides the grading papers ...has to be done sometime.

I'm in a dinner slump and have been looking for super easy ideas to eat throughout the week since I'm usually pretty exhausted.  

I'm reading:  



He is one of my favorite comedians - because he is CLEAN! Well about 99% of the time and just absolutely hilarious.  His first book (this one) is all about his take on parenting, perfect for what will happen in a couple weeks.  I'm so enjoying this fun read.

Our book club just finished: 



Besides not being much for historical fiction, I did read it and I thought it was pretty good.  I may not remember all the historical details but the plot and events were interesting and fun to read about. 



6 comments

  1. Hi Amber! I found you through the linky :)

    I love Jim Gaffigan for the same reason you mention -- he doesn't feel the need to use the F-bomb every 2 seconds. I only let my kids (who are now all teens or almost teens) watch his comedy because I don't have to fear what they are going to hear come out of his mouth. Well him and Jeff Dunham :)

    Congratulations on your little bundle of joy! Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad Halloween is over as well! It is always a fun time, but I am ready to move on and I always get super excited for Christmas!
    Miss Crafty Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute team name! Good luck with your little one!!!
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your party idea - Minute to Win It so creative and I love your team name. Congrats on the newest soon to be member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blog! I love the sparkles! I love Jim Gaffigan too. My husband & I like to quote things from him when it fits in the situation. I wish you happiness with your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and good luck with your next few weeks ahead. A new bundle joy just in time for the most magical season of the year. Good luck!

    Found your blog through Currently! Would love for you to head over and check out my blog…
    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top alt-text