Techie Tuesday- 360 cities!

I'll make it short and sweet today! 

So we talked about weathering and erosion during our unit on rocks today. 

We had some awesome discussion and I am so proud of my 1st grade rock experts.  While talking about these things we came upon some QUESTIONS, namely the Grand Canyon (eroded by water from Colorado River) and the Statue of Liberty (weather turned it green-ish)

Some students haven't been there obviously so we used 

360cities.net to SHOW THEM!!!

CHECK OUT where we went. 


Trailview Overlook in Arizona

Statue of Liberty, New York in USA


We could literally see it up close- zoom and everything- pretty stinking cool! :)





3 comments

  1. I love this! I had never heard of that site before, but I have the same problem when teaching. Kids have never heard of places before, and it's just not the same to try to explain to them with words. I spent SO much time googling images and trying to put things together. This will be such a time saver!! Thank you so much for sharing- I'm definitely going to use this one.

    Mandy
    Caffeine and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is so cool. I found your through Fern's linky and am so glad I did. This resource is fantastic for making a place concrete for students! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top alt-text