FYFF- Texas Sized Teaching and St. Paddy's FREEBIE!

Another Friday!


This week we have Jenny from Texas Sized Teaching offering up advice for new teachers! She has some awesome tips read on to find out more!



Introduction:

I have been a 7th grade Texas History teacher for 9 years. Prior to teaching Texas History, I worked as a P.E. teacher, Alternative Classroom teacher, and did my student teaching in U.S. History. Besides my teaching role, I am also an Academic Team Leader, History Department Head, and teaching mentor. I have previously taught several professional development classes, including a Teaching with Love & Logic class, Interactive Notebooking class, and an introduction to History Alive.

Best Tip for Management:

Management is very personal; there is no one right style. However, you do need to come into the classroom with a definite plan and "mean business." If you say it, you must enforce it; so think carefully about what your consequences! Also, don't forget that you are the adult; sometimes it's overwhelming to see so many faces staring at you, but you are the boss!


Must Have School Supply:

file folders -- super useful for SO many things!

Blogs I follow (and you might want to as well ;)

I don't read a lot of blogs for teaching ideas, but I do love to search TpT to see all of the creativity out there!

Her store:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Texas-sized-Teaching 
She has some really creative items and I love how cute her store looks!
How to stay organized?

I have developed several different systems over the years. My main technique, though, is to sort through everything at the end of the day so my classroom is always neat when I come in the morning. Also, I require my students to keep the classroom neat and tidy, making less overall work for me.


Stress Management Advice:

Don't try to do it all. Know that Mrs. Perfect down the hall didn't get that way overnight! Do your best and know that we all make mistakes. Don't forget to take time out for yourself, too!
Interview Tip:

Try to think through all of the typical interview questions ahead of time (so you have some idea what to say), but be yourself. Don't try to "have all of the answers." Most people will come in and try to present themselves as the ideal candidate--you be the REAL candidate. Let them know that if you come across a situation you're not sure how to handle that you will turn to others for help.

Advice for first year of Teaching:


College doesn't prepare you for the classroom at all. Even observations didn't prepare me. If I knew how little I knew...well, I would have volunteered every spare hour in the classroom, soaking up advice from veteran teachers. Learning from others in the profession taught me more in 6 months than I got in my entire college career.


Seriously I'm loving how inspired I am already!!!  Her interview tips is OUTSTANDING! Perfectly worded, something I forget quite a bit of the time, but it makes total sense!

Want more of Jenny?! Check out her store hereWant to be a guest blogger fill out the form at the top- I'd LOVE to have you!


Don't forget to check out my new Amusing Adjective Activities - we have been having so much fun with these!!!



Because you have read this far check out the FREEBIE below!

Working on compound words?! Check out this rainbow themed FREEBIE I worked on for the upcoming holiday! 



Click below to get your copy! Simply match the rainbows together to form compound words and record on a separate sheet of paper.


Thanks for being awesome followers- I'm really feeling the love lately!




8 comments

  1. Thanks for the freebie! I'm your newest follower and I am loving the Friday Feature you do each week! It is so refreshing and inspiring to hear from great teachers! Can't wait to read more future posts.

    Andrea
    Cheers To School

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I agree with you on coming to work with a “definite plan.” No matter which field or position you are in, you should always pre-plan your work schedule. It not just saves time, but also allows you to work on other things while you’re at work. In your case, a teacher requires much more pre-planning than any other profession. He/she has to make sure each class is not just informative, but also interesting and entertaining to some extent. In the meantime, if school admins are confused regarding school administration, they can always try using Archivist Online. I have been using it since 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Online school management system is effective in communication, it provides integrated website which can be updated and used for publishing information anytime. It saves on time, collaborates easily, 100+ features, quick updates and works effectively over complete school integration with many modules about which you could get a detailed understanding here.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Excellent information about Campus Management Software. through this blog i get the perfect ideas of keyword. Thanks for Sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. School management software is a one-stop destination designed to digitize every educational institute's administration, management, teacher, and faculty operation. Many school software is available in the market, among them, NLET school software is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sharing! Enroll your child in the best girl school in Rajasthan. Divine international is situated in the Jhunjhunu which is the best girls boarding school that offers the finest education for each student.⁠ It is affiliated with central board of secondary education

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing such an amazing article. If you are looking for the best NGO in Noida, Setu Foundation is a great option

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you looking for online tutor for students? Then Eclassopedia would be the best for you. We cover CBSE, IB, ICSE, IGCSE, GCSE, USA Curriculum, and a lot more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top alt-text