Planning.....

So at least I'm on Spring Break now, which is awesome, but all this free time makes me feel like I have so much to catch up on and do!!!!  (I know I'm crazy- I've already made a to-do list for the rest of the semester- YIKES!)

Spring Break and in the 70s apparently got me thinking about...summer....and summer means.....CAMP!!! I love me some camp!!! I have the BEST CO-WORKERS in the entire world which make it a great place to work.  I used to just be a counselor at camp but last year I got my own "Discovery Room." Basically I do  science/cooking/arts or exploring whatever the kids find cool!!  This was one of the best learning experiences of my life! I get my own room to plan for 10 weeks for a variety of grade levels- there could not be any better practice for teaching.  I truly loved every minute of it!!  That's where some of my activities come from...ideas I used last year that my kids really enjoyed, granted it is not school but we do so much fun stuff and they still learn- so it works out well!!

Back to the planning part....not so much fun.  We already have our themes for summer but coming up with lessons for K-5, 5 days a week for 10 weeks is intense!  I could just plan them the week before, but I love having my summer basically off- so I plan now and just execute later!  (Well besides minor modifications anyway)

Last year I used a template for the week and wrote my lesson plans on it.  This year I think I'm going to do something a little different since we are having more groups and use one paper for each day and just keep them clipped together by weeks!  See the pic below for the one I just created!

Email me if you want a copy...I just didn't think this would apply to as many people so I didn't upload to Google Docs.  The Graphics are from Melonheadz and Graphics from the Pond!  

I think I'm going to print them out and then color code them with my cool pens when I start planning.  I have found some awesome websites and ideas....more on that coming soon!





No comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top alt-text