Why you NEED Science Solvers in your classroom!


Have you ever wondered how am I going to get through teaching energy?!  I have been there!  This seemed like the toughest concept that I saved to teach last to my 5th graders!  I had trouble understanding the level of material myself...while I can't fully help with that I can show you what did work and really engaged my students as well!

For each section we studied, I used these Science Solver cards! Essentially task cards that took our study to a whole new level - let me tell you why.







  1. Introducing concepts has never been easier.  A student or myself would choose a card to start off the day.  We would learn not only how to research together but be able to tie directly into our lesson. 



2.   The questions were FUN!  How do noise cancelling headphones work?  How can animals use magnetic fields?  What is phantom power?

Truly, these were questions students wanted to answer and know more about which made the buy in so much better for lesson.




3.  SO MANY USES! So not only were they awesome to start off a unit, but I could use these in many different ways to enhance instruction and almost more importantly research skills.

  • use as a science station 
  • use as a SCOOT game
  • assign research questions for extension or extra credit 
  • nonfiction reading skills
  • internet research
  • presentation options were included so a student could present in a chosen format for the class!





I had to find many resources to help explain abstract concepts on a level my students would understand.  Songs, games, and many other resources were utilized. For electricity - you can find all my circuit materials here: http://sssteaching.blogspot.com/2016/05/10-easy-stations-for-building-circuits.html 


You can buy each of the concepts separately or bundled up with all the Energy concepts!












1 comment

  1. KSEEB PUC 1st 2nd PUC Previous Sample Questions Papers 2022 Kar PUC Model Papers 2022 1st 2nd KSEEB PUC Previous Sample Papers for 2022 Examination Download Karnataka PUC 12th Class Board Model Questions Papers In the months of March and April 2022, 2nd PUC Model Paper 2022 the KSEEB PUC Department of Pre College Training in Karnataka will conduct public examination tests. Candidates can download Karnataka PUC Model Papers 2022 First and Second PUC Previous Sample Papers all Subjects wise Syllabus wise given here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top alt-text